February 28, 2014
Posted by on
For my second ever foodie penpal pairing I was sent a very interesting box from Rachel Carr, the lady behind the blog Lime Time. Rachel sent me a comprehensive list of questions to find out what I liked and as a result I received these little gems!
1. Dried limes- I said I liked Middle Eastern food and these are an essential ingredient for many dishes. Rachel used to live there so she should know!
2. Lavendar drops- Picked because I like floral flavours. These were delicious. I say were because I ate them in one sitting while I was waiting for dinner to cook- ops!
3. Lancashire sauce crisps- This brand is fairly local to Rachel.
4. Chocolate sardines- because every box needs a little chocolate!
5. A ginger beer plant- I told Rachel I like things that are a bit different. I haven’t tried this yet but I’m intrigued. It is basically a pack of yeast and sugar which you need to feed with ground ginger for a week then you add lemon and water. I definitely haven’t seen one before.
6. Taste 5 Umani paste- Chosen because I like Asian flavours. I’ve read a lot about this so I have high hopes.
7. Moroccan crackers- This was because I said I liked Moroccan food. Great with a glass of red wine!
All in all a really lovely thoughtful box. I have to say I’m loving foodie penpals. This month I sent my box to Sofie in Sweden.
If you would like to know more about Foodie Penpals in the UK and Europe, have a look here.
If you would like to know more about Foodie Penpals in the US and Canada, have a look at The Lean Green Bean.